The HAPO Community Stage celebrated its grand opening on Saturday, April 9, 2016. Located in the heart of Richland, WA at John Dam Plaza, this $1.1 million facility was a long-term goal on the City's master plan.The City had a vision for an outdoor performance venue that could host local performing arts groups, the extremely popular Live @ 5 summer concert series, movies in the park, as well as diverse performance acts, spanning all genres, from around the world. The outdoor stage and ampitheater offers an acoustical shell, bowl-shaped seating, pads for food and beverage vendors, state-of-the- art sound and lighting equipment, as well as backstage facilities for performers.
The HAPO Community Stage is available for rent for public and/or private events!
- Totals 2,350 square feet of performance space
- Accommodates 2,000 people in the interior section of the facility as well as 1,000 more around the perimeter
- Offers ample parking within one City block
- John Dam Plaza features new and well maintained restroom facilities
- Food vendors are on site, and several other food establishments are located within one City block
- There are 2 large hotels adjacent to the Stage with a total of more than 600 rooms
- The stage is located one block from the beautiful Columbia River, Howard Amon Park and the very popular Riverfront Trail
For additional information, contact Parks & Public Facilities Coordinator and Stage Manager, Sherry Gartside at (509) 942-7462 or firstname.lastname@example.org.