The City of Richland is updating the Parks & Recreation Master Plan. The new plan will establish a vision for the park system and provide guidance for parks, trails, recreation facilities and programs to address community needs through 2025.
The City has hired project consultants Michael Terrell Landscape Architecture, PLLC, to assist with the plan update. The plan will be a practical tool to guide the park and recreation system's development/redevelopment for another 5-7 years. It will help the community prioritize programs and projects as decisions are made about how to utilize limited resources.
How Can You Help?
We want your input for our 2019-2025 Parks & Recreation Master Plan Update. Your thoughts are critical to help Richland identify projects, initiatives and opportunities to shape the future of the city's parks and recreation system.
Public Engagement Timeline:
A series of public workshops were held during the winter and spring of 2019 to solicit community input. The public was invited and many attended.
• Early April 2019 - A draft of the final master plan document is posted on our webpage, Facebook and Twitter.
• April 17th, 2019 - PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE at the Richland Community Center from 5:30pm - 7:30pm. Meet with the consultants and staff coordinating this project. Share your comments with us directly. Copies of the draft plan will be on hand for reading.
• May 9th, 2019 - All comments due.
• June 2019 – Final Master Plan ready for Parks & Recreation Commission review and approval posted to website.
• June 13, 2019 – Parks and Recreation Commission (PRC) Meeting – Draft presented to PRC for approval
• July 2019 (date TBD) – Draft presented to City Council for review and approval.
To learn more, email Julie Jackson.